- We didn’t gather enough resources – money and team.
- We took too much for granted. Assumed that people would love our ideas as much as we did.
- We jumped into the deep end with weights tied around our ankles. The weights was our personal debt. I had to work a “Career” type job in order to pay our bills. This meant I didn’t have the time or energy left to plant a church.
- Our vision for church planting didn’t match our sending group. That’s something we kinda realized and completely ignored. I think that ended up hurting our effectiveness because the advice we got wasn’t congruent with what we were wanting to do and comfortable with.
- Both spouses weren’t 110% committed to planting a church. Both of us were committed to ministry – but not fully committed to started a new church.
What we did well.
- We took our time.
- We asked a lot of questions from a lot of different people.
- We followed the leadership of a church planting group.
- We completely stepped out in faith and went “all in.”
Thanks so much to http://www.wavecuttercharters.com for sponsoring my blog.